Families need support for many reasons – perhaps they are struggling to cope with post-natal depression, a child’s disability, a family breakdown or bereavement or many feel isolated and unable to connect with their local community. Whatever the reason, Home-Start Chichester & District provides non-judgemental practical and emotional support with the aim of building up the family’s confidence and ability to cope.
After meeting with the family to discuss their specific needs, Home-Start will match the family with a trained and supervised volunteer. The volunteer will visit the family in their own home each week, providing practical and emotional support.
Each family is unique and the support we give each family is tailored accordingly, in line with their requirements and circumstances. We work with the families to agree the outcome they wish to achieve and what they want to do for their children. Volunteers typically stay with a family for nine months.
How we can help:
- Direct support to children through playing, listening, having fun and providing opportunities for outings and treats
- Emotional support to parents
- Practical help through budgeting, making appointments and meal planning
- Moral support in dealing with case conferences, solicitors or court cases
- Links to organisations such as health and educational services
- Parenting skills training
- Help to develop links in the community
If you feel like you need help and have at least one child under five, please contact us directly for a confidential chat. You can also contact us if you wish to refer a family member or friend. We would love to hear from you.